Re: Yet another perspective on low wages

Subject: Re: Yet another perspective on low wages
From: Melonie Holliman <LonieH -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 10:58:36 EDT

Howdy,

Even though the $100,000 does not work in every area of the country, Matt
has some GREAT points here. Basically, we are all worth a certain amount.
We can trade salary for a lot of things: safety, security, benefits, etc.

At one time in my life, I was very underpaid. That changed when I was finally
willing to take a chance on myself. Now, I could have even more salary but I
don't want to work that hard. To those who want MONEY, that seems like a
silly or weak attitude, and it would be if it were an excuse for me to stay in
a safe job. However, I am happy with what I am doing right now. I might start
the money search a later on in my life; I might not.

Life is all about tradeoffs and balances. In our industry, you can find a big
salary if that is what you are looking for. You can also find things like
flexibility
and telecommuting, though they usually cost you a bit.

Melonie Holliman
ABM Data Systems, Inc.
Austin, TX
mailto: LonieH -at- aol -dot- com