Re: TW and relocation

Subject: Re: TW and relocation
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- MARVIN -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:34:28 -0700

David Warren wrote:

> I stand by what I wrote (or sit, as the case might be.) Of course
> someone willing to spend several hours a day driving to get a
> cheaper house spends less...but I value my time (and sanity).
>
> Neither I nor any of my comrades would submit to a 90-minute
> commute (I hate to even ask if the correspondant meant 90-each-way
> or 90-round-trip!)

Each way.

The San Jose paper just had an article on page 1 this past Sunday about
the real estate "sticker shock" of people from other parts of the
country hoping to relocate to Silicon Valley for a job. You can find
it at

http://www.mercurycenter.com/premium/front/docs/shock28.htm

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with this
janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | message is the return address.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8018/index.html