Re: Graphics in Word, Part 2

Subject: Re: Graphics in Word, Part 2
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 09:15:55 -0500

Marie,

This one is easy. Just right click on the picture, then click on "Format
Picture." In the Format dialog, click "Position" and uncheck the "Float
Over Text" check box. I just tried it to be sure.

Now, back to the more basic idea. When I insert a graphic, I check BOTH
update the graphic (for example, a screen shot changes), I just do this:

1. Click the picture to select it.
2. On the Edit menu, click Links...
3. In the Links dialog, click Update.

The picture in your document will now be the new one. Of course, you
have to maintain the same name and location. Either that or you can go
through the "Change Source"....but that's another conversation.

There are several great books on using Word 97. The Microsoft manual
that comes with it is about worthless.

Jane

Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
AnswerSoft, Inc.