Re: FIXED Hideous Frame Problem

Subject: Re: FIXED Hideous Frame Problem
From: Dave Swenson <Dave_Swenson -at- TRENDMICRO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 11:33:25 -0700

I've been long plagued by the same problem. And I've used the Remember
missing font names solution, but I think this is a short-term
work-around solution (so you can print the book or accomplish whatever
you need to for the moment).

But the problem doesn't actually go away once and for all, and it can
be risky to Remember missing font names. This solution must also be
applied to all docs, by everyone who is using the template.

Anyhow, I think it's printer related -- we use an apple laser printer
and/or hp, and also frequently print to .pdf. These Apple/Windows-based
printers use a different basic font set -- times vs times new roman;
helvetica vs arial, etc. and it seems like whenever someone switches
between printers the problem re-arises. I developed the template, so I'm
the one who gets cursed.

Anyone have other solutions?

Thanks,

David Swenson
Technical Writer
Trend Micro, Inc.
Tel: (408) 863-6342
Email: david_swenson -at- trendmicro -dot- com
Check your hard drive for viruses: http://housecall.antivirus.com