Re: FWD: Working with Commercial Publisher

Subject: Re: FWD: Working with Commercial Publisher
From: Laurel Nelson <Laurel_Y_Nelson -at- NOTES -dot- SEAGATE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:26:59 -0500

Anonymous: If the work you describe is something you really want to do,
forget how it will look on your resume. Do what YOU want to do. Most tech
writers I know have had a variety of jobs (it's the spice of life you
know). When you write that the *opportunity's okay,* do you mean that
you'll be performing other job duties that don't seem too exciting? Have
you considered the percentage of time you'll be spending on those job
duties?

Laurel Nelson

"Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM> on 06/24/98 05:25:49 PM

Please respond to "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: Laurel Y Nelson)
Subject: FWD: Working with Commercial Publisher

Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.
I'm considering moving to a job at another company. The opportunity's okay,
except
that I'd be helping the owners with two books that they're writing for a
well-known
technical publisher. A lot of what they expect me to do is editing and
coordination
with the publisher. I suspect I'll be able to add a little to the technical
content
of the books, too.
My question is this: in terms of career development, if you saw on
someone's resume
that they'd done this stuff, would it impress you or would you not really
care so
much?
Thanks.