Re: Updating client-side manuals

Subject: Re: Updating client-side manuals
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:54:15 -0400

Something I saw that I may implement.

The documentation from one of our vendors (Summa) comes on a CDRom in
PDF files. However, on the cover of the openning pdf, there is a button
that when pressed, connects to a Summa web site containing release
notes, changes, and addendums.

Since the pdf is viewed from inside a web browser, they can switch back
and forth between web and pdf and not really cafre about the difference.

Works well for us.

--
John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good
poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few
reasonable words.", Goethe
"Say all you have to say in the fewest possible words, or your reader
will be sure to skip them; and in the plainest possible words or he will
certainly misunderstand them.", John Ruskin