Page vs screen?

Subject: Page vs screen?
From: Rev Simon Rumble <simon -at- RUMBLE -dot- WARATAH -dot- ID -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 16:21:19 +1000

I am currently working on a Web based project with a mainframe
(terminal-based) back-end system. When dealing with the mainframe system,
the general terminology I use is "screen" because a screen is well defined
within the bounds of the terminal window.

For the Web documentation, I am considering substituting the word "page"
as in "Web page" for screen. My reasoning for this is that a page can be
longer than a single screen, forcing you to scroll down the page to see
more. Of course, screens on the mainframe system can also do this, in a
different way, and you would still refer to it as a "screen."

What are people's thoughts? Is the distinction a little too arbitrary?
Do you think I should explain my reasoning in all my documents?

PLUR

---
___ simon -at- rumble -dot- waratah -dot- id -dot- au
|___ http://www.rumble.net
___| H E R M "A candidate is a person who gets money from the rich
and votes from the poor to protect them from each
other."