WORD 97 - combining styles on one line

Subject: WORD 97 - combining styles on one line
From: "Bellomy, James" <bellomyj -at- HUACHUCA-EMH31 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:35:53 -0700

My style guide requires use of a heading followed by paragraph text on
the same line.

Is there any way to place two styles on the same line. I would like
have a heading style followed by body text style and be able to use the
automated TOC function.

Only answer I have found is to manually format headings, bookmark them,
and link from my TOC.

Jim Bellomy
Tech Pubs
CSC / US Army Electronic Proving Ground
Opinions expressed are my own - and I should keep them to myself more
often.