Re: Netscape Composer, MS Publisher, or Word 97?

Subject: Re: Netscape Composer, MS Publisher, or Word 97?
From: robyn <robyn -at- MAIL -dot- GOT -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 12:14:24 -0700

I tend to agree with using Notepad or Wordpad. Unless you use Word as a text
editor. Word 97 is a terrible HTML editor. I've used it at work to convert
docs, and its HTML is worse than Composer's. However, if you can use Word as a
text editor, you have the AutoCorrect option to help you. I used Word in this
manner to develop a college departmental Web site.

As for Composer, I've used that extensively, and yes, it is flaky. Yes, it
writes some "interesting" code. But it's great to whip out pages, especially
easy stuff. And there are plug-ins that let you do more than the basic stuff.

Using Word 97 and Composer, you can still edit by hand, which is generally your
best bet.

--
-robyn
home email: robyn -at- mail -dot- got -dot- net