PC hardware requirements for TWs

Subject: PC hardware requirements for TWs
From: Sarah Kling <sarahk -at- WHOEVER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:59:58 -0400

Fellow techwriters,

I am interested in finding out the PC hardware my fellow techwriters are using to run industry-standard applications such as FrameMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, Paint Shop Pro, RoboHelp, Doc-to-Help, and the like.

For instance, what is your processor speed? How much RAM do you have installed? Do you have a soundcard and speakers?

Also, does anyone know of Web resources that publish information related to this subject?

I am asking because I need to make a business case for keeping the P300/128 MB RAM Dell that I currently have. My boss has informed me that I have a "developer's machine" and will therefore be downgraded to a P166/32 MB RAM as soon as new developer is hired. I run desktop publishing, graphics, winhelp, and HTML help applications.

Thanks in advance,

--Sarah

Get free personalized email at http://four11.iname.com