Question about changing the size of a Word doc and answers to pre vious Word 97 questions

Subject: Question about changing the size of a Word doc and answers to pre vious Word 97 questions
From: Jen Michaels <jenm -at- STINGRAY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 12:33:31 -0400

Hi All:

Recently I asked the following questions about MS Word 97:

1. Can you force the grammar/spelling checker to skip certain styles? I
want to prevent the grammar/spelling checker from checking snippets of
source code. If this isn't possible, do you know of an add-on that has
this functionality?

2. In addition, can you save a word document so that the wavy red and
green lines do not appear when an end-user opens the document?

Here's the answers that I found easiest to implement:

Answer #1
To do this:
1. Choose Format > Style.
2. Select the style for the code and choose Modify
3. Click the Format button and select Language from the list
4. Select "No Proofing" for the language.
5. Close all the dialogs

Word's grammar and spelling will skip text formatted with the code
style.

Answer #2
In answer to your other question - yes:
1. choose Tools>Options
2. Select Spelling & Grammar tab.
3. Under Spelling, check "Hide spelling errors in this document".
Do the same under Grammar.
4. Choose OK.

Thanks for all your help. Sorry it took me so long to post this.

New Question
Now I have another question : does anyone know of an easy way to convert
a 8.5" by 11" doc to a 7" by 9" doc? Does anyone have a stripped down
Word 97 7" by 9" template they would be willing to share? I receive the
digest, so feel free to send me email at jenm -at- stingray -dot- com

Jen