Re: Cross-ref pet peeve

Subject: Re: Cross-ref pet peeve
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- MARVIN -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:07:39 -0700

alexs -at- visteon -dot- com wrote:

> But what happens during the final review and revision process when
> lines, paragraphs, or even entire sections may change or go away? In a
> hard doc, page numbers can shift by deleting even a single line, and
> then some or many or even all (depending on the structure of the
> document ) of your "see page xx" references will be wrong. And then you
> spend the extra time correcting the ref numbers.

What software are you using? FrameMaker was the tool this person
was asking about, and the Update Cross-References feature
automatically updates the page numbers and titles in cross-
references. I would think that most software used for book
production has this type of feature.

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with this
janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | message is the return address.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8018/index.html