Compilation of web sites for tech writer jobs

Subject: Compilation of web sites for tech writer jobs
From: Debbie Packer <dpacker -at- RUNET -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:41:24 -0400

Wow!

You guys are amazing! I received so many messages from my request for web
sites for tech writer jobs. Thank you so much for all of your replies. I
haven't had a chance to check out all of the suggested sites yet, but they
will be such a big help to me when I actually start searching for a job in
the Carolinas in the near future.

Thanks again! I appreciate it very much.

Also, I have had several requests to post a compiled list of all of the web
addresses that I received. So, for those who are interested, here it is:

This is the address to the site of one of our fellow listserv participants.
He has compiled a list of job search sites:

http://www.tdandw.com/agencies.htm

Web sites:

http://www.occ.com

http://www.stc-va.org

http://www.headhunter.net/

http://www.careerpath.com

http://www.carolina.computerjobs.com/

http://www.jobdirect.com

http://www.search.com

http://www.hotmail.com

http://www.yahoo.com and http://www.excite.com -- both of these have
Employment links to search for jobs.

STC listings:

http://stc.org/

STC Region 2 site:

http://stc.org/region2/ncc/www/agency.html

Metrolina chapter in Charlotte - Carolyn Smithson handles the job bank
704-423-7420 (work)
csmithso -at- metasys -dot- com (email)

Piedmont chapter in Winston-Salem/Raleigh/RTA - Beth Williams handles
the job bank 910-77-6402 (work)

Consulting firms:

Analysts International (AiC) (I spoke to Michelle McClure at
mmcclure -at- analysts -dot- com) and Daniela Jenkins at 919-319-2961

Manpower Technical

Executive Staffing Group (Mike DeCellas at 919-380-9012)

Olsten Staffing (Pam at 919-547-0093)

Kerrie Logan at DBBasics (919-787-3085)

Lori Bryan at MCI staffing 919-378-3014

Nicole Cieblinski at 1-800-734-1170 ext 41 at Software Documentation INC.
or see their web page at SDICORP.com

Fujitsu (not a consulting agency, but rather a large corporation) Bill
Albing
at 919-713-1133. He is the Pubs Manager.

I also received a message for a current opening at Datastream. Their web
address is: http://www.dstm.com/

Debbie Packer
dpacker -at- runet -dot- edu

Systems Integration