Re: Humor as a communication technique

Subject: Re: Humor as a communication technique
From: Kimberly Freistuhler <k_freistuhler -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:48:54 -0700

---Hope Cascio <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- US -dot- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM> wrote:
> The first is a mock testimonial from a sufferer of Repeat
> Lightning Strike Syndrome, who's "cooled to the core" by this
beverage at
> the critical moment he's struck by lightning.

<<major snip>>

Another angle to consider when attempting humor...time changes our
perceptions...

I, too, found the lightening stike spot mildly amusing the first time
I heard it. But then I heard it again this morning--and the first
image that came to mind was the people who were struck by lightening
at a concert in DC over the weekend. It got unfunny real fast.

Kimberly

==

Kimberly Freistuhler
Technical Writer