Re: Humor as a communication technique

Subject: Re: Humor as a communication technique
From: Laurel Nelson <Laurel_Y_Nelson -at- NOTES -dot- SEAGATE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 11:22:42 -0500

Lisa Comeau wrote: "My fave was my grade 11 Physics teacher who discussed
the principles of accelleration and decelleration by using the example of
swinging a cat over your head by it's tail and then letting it go..."

I found the above statement very offensive. To me, cruelty to animals is
not funny even when it's imaginery. As some people have said, you have to
be very careful when using humor. It's all a matter of perception.

Laurel Nelson
My comments represent my personal views and not those of my employer.