Convincing a Client He Needs a User Manual

Subject: Convincing a Client He Needs a User Manual
From: Gina Hertel <Ghertel -at- ALPHA88 -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 12:00:56 -0400

Hi all. I need to *convince* a client that he needs a User Manual to go
with an application that my company developed for him.

My whole argument, basically, is that if people don't know how to *use* what
you've developed, it's worthless. Does anyone have any canned language to
this effect? Does anyone have any stats on the topic? Any help would be
much appreciated. I'd be happy to post results if you're interested.

Thanks,
Gina Hertel
Manager, Technical Communications
Alpha Technologies, Inc.