Potential job offer

Subject: Potential job offer
From: Geoff Trousselot <wordfactory -at- TRUMP -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 15:54:58 +1000

I am a freelance translator (Japanese to English) who has got the
ear of management in a new enterprise.

I would like proposals from highly experienced technical writers regarding
the possibility of them acting not as a re-writer but more as a quality
control consultant.

Much technical material is translated from Japanese to English by Japanese
native individuals and the end result normally would have
to be re-written into something that is easy to read and understand.

I and fellow translators with English as their native language often wish to
be able to translate directly from Japanese to a high standard of English.

I am ideally looking for any expert technical writers out there who feel
they could read other peoples works, constructively analyze it and provide
tips and advice to the writers. I am not sure how exactly it would work,
but if an
acceptable system was proposed, there may be high paid and varied work for
the right person.

The work would mostly be in software localization.

Please do not reply to the list but to the following email:

wordfactory -at- trump -dot- net -dot- au

(preferably with subject heading "technical writer")

Thanks,

Geoff Trousselot