Re: IS AN ESTIMATE A COMMITMENT?

Subject: Re: IS AN ESTIMATE A COMMITMENT?
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:47:53 -0500

> I think that an estimate which is revised often is meaningless. Take, for
> example, an auto repair. When the mechanic gives an estimate and you OK
> the work, how do you feel when he calls back three more times during the
> day to revise that estimate upwards?

But if that mechanic finds problems that couldn't be found until he
started taking my car apart, do expect him to stick to that cost
estimate even though he needs to do more work? And if so, what kind of
shape will my car be in when I get it back?

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm