Surveying the Salary Survey

Subject: Surveying the Salary Survey
From: Tom Johnson <johnsont -at- FREEWAY -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:53:07 -0400

I'm going to stick my neck out a bit. I haven't received my copy of the
salary survey yet, but I'm curious to find out something.

Tracy Boyington asked, "Has *anyone* found the STC salary survey to be
accurate for their particular situation?"

There was a lot of talk about different regions of the country, levels of
experience, contractor vs. captive and everything else. Hearing comments
from all sides leads me to believe there is some validity to the results of
their survey. In a very primitive sort of way, I'd like to get an idea
whether the survey is accurate. Here is what I would like you to do. If you
have the survey handy, it will take you about 15 seconds ( a guess) to
complete.

Copy the appropriate statement below and send a message to me at
tjohnson -at- grandtraverse -dot- com -dot-

>>DO NOT USE REPLY!<<

Use the appropriate statement as the subject line.
Type your ZIP code at the end of the subject line to indicate location.

STC figures are high
STC figures are just about right
STC figures are low

Of course everything will be kept confidential. I'll give everyone until
July 1 to respond. Thank you for your participation. I'll post any findings
to the list.

Tom Johnson

personal tjohnson -at- grandtraverse -dot- com