Word 97 and Framemaker graphics compatibility question

Subject: Word 97 and Framemaker graphics compatibility question
From: Ellen Gorlow <egorlow -at- VIASOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:46:47 +0100

Hello Techwhirlers,

Has anyone found a way to import graphics from Word 97 to Framemaker?

We are faced with the following dilemma.

The Technical Documentation department plans to start using Framemaker.
The developers on the other hand will be upgrading from Word 95 to Word 97.
We work very closely with our developers and we need the ability to import
from Word 97 to Framemaker.

We have recently made tests with tables and drawings created in Word 97
using the Word 6.0/95 binary converter and the results are very
disappointing.

Please let me know your experiences or if you know of any workarounds.
I'll post a summary of the answers later to the list.

Ellen Gorlow
Technical Writer
Viasoft

egorlow -at- viasoft -dot- com