Organizing an Implemention Guide

Subject: Organizing an Implemention Guide
From: Colleen Adams <colleen_adams -at- MEDISPAN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:42:39 -0500

We have been asked to create an Implementation Guide for an audience
of clinicians and we're not sure how to organize the information.

Background: The target audience are clinicians who are responsible for
assisting (developers) in the design of an application that requires dosing
decision support.

The goal of the document is to assist the clinician in establishing
specifications for the system by providing them with an overview of the
services available through the product (which is a an API w/ a COM
wrapper).

The only idea we've come up with for organizing content is the following:
*overview of the services including a complete list of input data
*the list should describe each attribute and identify when and if each item
is required
*an inventory and detailed description of the output provided by the
product
*a list of checks that are performed in the check mode
*examples of input data and the output they will produce
*suggested ways of displaying various output
*suggested ways of handling various conditions that may occur during
processing

Anyone out there have any suggestions?? We're already running short
on time and don't have the option of talking to users. Our only sources of
information are our own in-house clinicians, technical leads, and
marketing....

I'd appreciate any ideas!! Thanks a bunch!

Colleen Adams
External Documentation Manager
First DataBank Medi-Span, Inc.
Indianapolis, IN