say please?

Subject: say please?
From: Joseph van Oss <Joseph -at- FIRSTLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 07:08:57 -0500

Please tell me if you or your company has a policy or opinion about this
question:

When is it appropriate to use "please" with an imperative verb? When do you
say "Install this update..." versus "Please install this update..."?

Please reply to me off-list at Joseph -at- Firstlogic -dot- com -dot- I promise to post a
summary of replies received, so please don't tie up the list.

=======================
Joseph E. van Oss
Director of Technical Publications
Firstlogic, Inc.
100 Harborview Plaza
La Crosse WI 54601-4701
phone 608-782-5000
fax 608-788-1188
joseph -at- firstlogic -dot- com

Sign seen in kindergarten classroom: "Please say 'please' and 'thank you.'
Thank you."

* Joseph *
\\\//
(o o)