"Entry level" again

Subject: "Entry level" again
From: Matthew Bin <mattbin -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:49:10 PDT

Before you ask--yes, I have serached the archives. I know that this
topic has been discussed, but unfortunately the archives didn't have the
information I needed.

My wages are currently under review, and I gave my boss a copy of the
STC Salary Survey for 1997 as something that provides an objective
reference point. One of his questions was "What is the difference
between 'entry level' and 'less than two years'? Note a big difference
between $30420 and $36370 [mean salaries, respectively]."

I work as a consultant. I have been working for nine months in the
position, and am totally responsible for documentation projects from
start to finish. Am I wrong in thinking of myself as above "entry
level"?

Although this is not the only factor in the review, I don't want to get
caught in one of those arguments of opinion, trying to decide what
"entry level" means. Any help in responding to this question would be
appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Matthew