Re: Isolation and the technical communicator

Subject: Re: Isolation and the technical communicator
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 11:47:27 -0400

I half-kid people when they ask what is the difference between
contractor and perm employee, I tell them that when you are a
contractor, you don't get the chance to "play in any reindeer games".

I look at it this way...both perm and contractor's time is just as
valuable, 'cause it's not the time that's an issue, it's getting the
work done and meeting committments, and that is the responsibility of
any professional. It should be up to both to manage their time right
(and that includes a certain degree of interaction), and if someone,
regardless of who they are (contractor, perm, or even manager), is
causing me to miss my committment, then I will say "Listen, I'd like to
"hang", but I have a deadline, so I'll catch you later."

--
John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good
poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few
reasonable words.", Goethe
"Say all you have to say in the fewest possible words, or your reader
will be sure to skip them; and in the plainest possible words or he will
certainly misunderstand them.", John Ruskin