Re: Isolation and the technical communicator

Subject: Re: Isolation and the technical communicator
From: "Palmer, Phyllis" <PPalmer -at- SPHERECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 10:27:38 -0500

This may draw the discussion to a rabbit trail regarding HOW you get
your information...

I have long held that you can't do the job if the guys on-site won't
give you information. AND many times, they won't give you information
(or as much information) formally, as they will spontaneously give you
informally (by the printer, water cooler, etc.). I think there are
times where you must feel at home, and must build a rapport with those
SMEs or developers.

Phyllis