Re: Self-destructing documents

Subject: Re: Self-destructing documents
From: "Collins, Darren DA" <Collins -dot- Darren -dot- DA -at- BHP -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 08:53:28 +1000

John,

The easiest way to do this would probably be to write a viewing
application in a language like MS Visual Basic or Borland C++ Builder.
Just create a form with a rich text field (or postscript viewer if you
want to get fancy), copy your document into it, write some code to
disable it after x days, compile it into a single executable file, and
distribute it.

The text is then embedded in the executable and so not easily
retreivable by your users. You could probably set the properties of the
text field on the form so that they can't select text and copy it - they
would have to retype it if they really want to keep it.

If you want more information, feel free to email me.

Darren Collins
Computer Engineer, Blast Furnaces
BHP Integrated Steel Division
Port Kembla, Australia