Re: Another term for Manhours

Subject: Re: Another term for Manhours
From: "Marilyn Baldwin (mlbb -at- capgroup -dot- com)" <Marilyn_Baldwin -at- CAPGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 14:34:48 -0700

Kathy - My vote would be just "workhours" (which is what it's referring to,
right?). - Marilyn Baldwin (mlbb -at- capgroup -dot- com)

From: Kathy Ellis <kathy -at- TIBINC -dot- COM> AT Internet_Gateway on 06/08/98 02:15
PM

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU AT Internet_Gateway -at- ccmail
cc: (bcc: Marilyn Baldwin/CDS/CG/CAPITAL)
Subject: Another term for Manhours

Okay, since you all were so helpful with my GUI problem,
I have another one for you.

I've convinced the programmers that _man-hours_ is a term
that we need to exterminate. They are all for it, but we've run
in to a problem. In the screen design, we have space
limitations that restrict us to nine characters. (Staff-hours
doesn't work. Staff also implies an employee, and some
of the work is done by outside companies.)

Anyone run into this and have a slick solution?
Kathy Ellis kathy -at- tibinc -dot- com
Tiburon, Inc. (510)447-4005 ext. 5521
7415 Southfront Rd.
Livermore, CA 94550