HTML Help - Direction Needed

Subject: HTML Help - Direction Needed
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 11:16:08 -0400

I've just started a new job and we're thinking of having our help online,
using something like HTML Help. Our application is Intranet-based, and I'm
having some difficulty getting my head wrapped around this. Can somebody
give me some advice.

First, should I be differentiating between online help, and online
documentation?

What is the best way to learn HTML help? Is there a book or course or
something that anybody can recommend?

Should I be looking at using a HAT? Which ones work for HTML Help?

I've developed hardcopy manuals for both software applications and also for
processes (i.e. employee handbooks, etc.) I've also created Windows 95
help using an authoring tool called Helpbreeze. I think I'm mentally stuck
because of Winhelp. I created my files in Word using the HAT and then
compiled them, and I keep thinking something like that exists for HTML
Help. Does it?

Any suggestions anybody can give me would be sooooooooo appreciated!

Suzette