Re: To GUI or Not to GUI

Subject: Re: To GUI or Not to GUI
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 23:34:32 +0800

<Kathleen -dot- Pilipovich-1 -at- KMAIL -dot- KSC -dot- NASA -dot- GOV> said:
> I like using command-line interface (non-GUI) and graphical
> interface (GUI).

There are at least two non-GUI styles of interface:

1. a full-screen interface intended to run in a non-graphical environ-
ment such as a character terminal, xterm or terminal-emulator window.
We call this a character user interface (CUI).

2. A genuine command-line interface, by which commands are entered at
a shell or command prompt. We call this a CLI.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield "How many cabs in New York City?
Functional Software Pty Ltd How many angels on a pin?
mailto:slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au How many notes in a saxaphone?
How many tears in a bottle of gin?
-- Paul Kelly 'Careless'