Re: Gore orders "plain language"

Subject: Re: Gore orders "plain language"
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 15:42:53 -0500

> I can just picture someone coming in and interpreting the "72 words will
> be reduced to six" as a mandate to cut all documentation by 92%.

This is what I'm worried about. Nobody's against plain language, it's
just the idea that plain language can be quantified as a 92% reduction
in length. The perils of Tina the brittle tech writer come to mind. :-)

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm