Re: Re[2]: QUERY: which intranet book?

Subject: Re: Re[2]: QUERY: which intranet book?
From: "Taylor, Steve" <steve -dot- taylor -at- ALLEGIANCETELECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 13:16:38 -0500

I would not consider "Creating Killer Websites" by David Siegel as a best
book on internet design. It's great for graphic artists maybe, and I got a
lot out it for that, but designing an intranet is more involved. And note
that Arlen (below) states that he had to recant some of his ideas...

I guess we could go back to the old question of whether Form follows
Function, or visa versa.

We are currently designing an intranet here (which will tie together a
company which will be located in 24 cities by the end of next year), and I
assure you, Siegel's book doesn't even begin to answer all the questions
involved...there are many people of many departments involved, from hardware
to software to content...all needing coordination...(now that I think of the
immensity of this project, maybe my rate should be higher <G>).

I have not found any one book or web source...like in all things, variety is
strength.

Cheers,
Steve Taylor
Consultant for Technical Directions, Inc.
On location at:
Allegiance Telecom, Inc.
Dallas, TX
(214) 853-7182
steve -dot- taylor -at- allegiancetelecom -dot- com
http://www.alegiancetele.com