Capitalize abbreviated document name or not?

Subject: Capitalize abbreviated document name or not?
From: rivka <rivka -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 15:02:18 -0700

Am I old-fashioned, or is it now possible to use lower, instead of
upper case as follows? I say the usage must be initial-cap, others
say all-lower-case. What is currently correct? acceptable?

The book name is "The XYZ Guide". It is one of several guides for
using a computerized system. In the text of the book is a sentence
such as, "Five-hundred people have contributed to this Guide."
Capitalize "guide" or not? I say capitalize it. Others say not.
Our audience is almost entirely teachers, of all subjects from K
to 12.

Can't find a current reference to this although I've searched the
archives, all my references, including Chicago, and Webster.

I'd appreciate concrete and authoritative references I can cite,
but opinions are also welcome.

Please reply directly to me, and I'll summarize for the list.

rivka -at- direct -dot- ca

Thanks everyone.
Rivka