Re: Misuse of 'quotes'

Subject: Re: Misuse of 'quotes'
From: Sarah Carroll <sarahc -at- INDIGO -dot- IE>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 19:41:14 +0100

Simon,
You might try pointing out that quotation marks are often
understood to represent some text that has been quoted
from somebody else - or to indicate somebody else's
words. He might be a little less anxious to do it if he
thinks he's not going to get credit for all of his own
utterances.
Best
Sarah
sarahc -at- indigo -dot- ie