Re: p.c. way to say "crashing"

Subject: Re: p.c. way to say "crashing"
From: Katherine Pyle <kathpyle -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:48:33 -0700

At 08:48 AM 6/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I am looking for ideas. Marketing wants me to rewrite a sentence that refers
>to your software program crashing. Obviously "crashing" is not a good

I sometimes use "freezes" or "locks up" but I think crashes is actually
more accurate. With a freeze, you can sometimes un-freeze it and continue
your work; with a crash, you have to get out of the program (and sometimes
close down the computer completely) and start over.

Any chance you could convice them to let you use crash? The user public
knows what that word means, and most people are used to the fact that any
program will crash at least once in a while. When you switch to some
flowery alternative word, you just add a layer of confusion to an already
frustrting situation.

Katherine Pyle