Re: p.c. way to say "crashing"

Subject: Re: p.c. way to say "crashing"
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- CHARLESINDUSTRIES -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:05:46 -0500

OK, I'll bite--what's wrong with "crashing"? I've thought and thought,
and my tiny little brain just can't come up with any
racist/sexist/whatever implications for this word.

I suppose you could say "hangs up". However, Microsoft uses "this
program has stopped responding" or something along those lines--often,
I might add.

Nora Merhar
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com
Senior Technical Writer
Charles Industries, Ltd.