Re: Cost/benefit analysis [for CBT] -Reply

Subject: Re: Cost/benefit analysis [for CBT] -Reply
From: Lisa Comeau <COMEAUL -at- CSA -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 15:56:26 -0400

If the CBT will be developed in-house,and the cost of all this is passed on to our customers, you may want to think about a way to keep those costs down, like by not customizing so much...
How much of this information can be put into the CBT by links and so on?
That would definitely cut down on live trainer costs. Then you could almost completely cut your site visits.

Although I wholeheartedly agree with Dianne's statement "some trainers are less effective than others", I suspect that if you get one good trainer/help-desk support person, you could go with Suzette's suggestion of videoconferencing, like real-time online support.

(Every person using the CBT could go online at 2:00 your time and "speak" to a trainer who answers their questions as a group, just as if they were in the classroom together) What about contracting out for trainerswho would be available to do this?

Just some ideas that went naked and screaming through my mind...

Lisa Comeau
IS Super-User/Trainer
Certification and Testing Division
Canadian Standards Association