Postscripting from Quark

Subject: Postscripting from Quark
From: Tybi Kapiloff <kapiloff -at- COMPASSWARE -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 23:01:57 +0300

Hello All,

The urgency of this technical problem is compounded by a deadline
(isn't that always the case?):
1. I usually send my hi-res color PostScript files to my service bureau
from a PageMaker file.
2. In this case the client had existing files in QuarkXpress/Mac format,

so I had no choice but to follow suit (I don't have PageMaker 6 with the

Quark converter on my Mac, besides I see in the notes to PM6 on the PC
that the conversion isn't so straightforward).
3. Work is completed. Now to "close" the files on the appropriate PS
printer driver for my service bureau. In this case the driver is Scitex
Dolev 400.ppd.
4. Not being so familiar with Quark, I ask my service bureau how to do
it. Simple. Go to Page Setup, hold the Shift key and choose the
appropriate driver from the list. OK. Scitex Dolev 400.ppd. is not on
the list.
5. I check my Printer Descriptions folder in System/Extensions. There it

is -- Scitex Dolev 400.ppd.
6. I open a document in PageMaker. I open the print dialog window scroll

down the printer options list and find -- Scitex Dolev 400.ppd.

Does anyone know why I can't find Scitex Dolev 400.ppd in Quark?

Thanks,

Yechiel Kapiloff