Prices

Subject: Prices
From: Jeffrey Hanvey <jewahe -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 17:56:15 PDT

Hi, techwriters!

I am new to this list, and I have a question for all of you. I am a
graduate student, and have recently been approached to give a price list
for possible services. Unfortunately, I don't have that much experience
in this field, and would like to know what the going rates are.

Some background: The person needs some consulting work on a manual that
she will be writing. I have written an Operations Manual for my current
job, but have no other experience, besides what I have had in class.
There also will be some document design involved in this project.

I would appreciate any feedback, especially from those who have done
freelance work. You can send me your replies, rather than post them. I
will try to post the results.

Thanks!
Jeff Hanvey