Pros and Cons of including writer's name

Subject: Pros and Cons of including writer's name
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 14:59:42 +0800

'Using FrameMaker 5.0' has a long list of credits for documentation, QA,
software development and tech support. This was published when Frame was
still owned by Frame Technology. I don't have my 5.5 manual here but I
wonder if the credits were retained when Frame was taken over by Adobe.

Oracle publications often credit authors and contributors.

Perhaps this practice is more common in larger organisations?

I don't think I'd mind getting support calls. I'd end up passing them
on the the support desk anyway, but in the meantime it would be a good
chance to ask the customer for feedback.

---
Stuart Burnfield "Well it aint no use calling out my name gal
Functional Software Pty Ltd Like you never done before. . ."
mailto:slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au -- Bob Dylan