Re: Resume Objective

Subject: Re: Resume Objective
From: Barb Ostapina <Barb -dot- Ostapina -at- METROMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 15:15:52 -0500

You could state that you want to contribute something magnificent to a
company greatly in need of it. Of course you'd want to put it in tech
writer terms, but the idea is to make what you want compatible with what
the "buyer" wants. Even in traditional sales, presumably you want to make a
sale to someone who can really benefit from what you're selling -- then
it's win-win. Likewise with skill matching. Maybe you want to reinforce the
professional image of a company by producing world-class product user
documentation... or some such thing.
--B
barb -dot- ostapina -at- metromail -dot- com
...speaking only for myself.

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
cc: (bcc: LOMBMML Ostapina Barb/OLS)
From: tracy_boyington @ OKVOTECH.ORG @ METROMAIL
Date: 05/27/98 08:42:52 AM EST
Subject: Re: Employment Agencies - Technical Communication Specific

John Posada wrote:

> Besides, as a prospective reader of your resume, I don't care what YOU
> want. I want to know what are you going to do for me, and giving a job to
a > rookie isn't going to do much for me right now.

So... since the objective is typically an "I want" statement, what
should you use instead? Or should you eliminate the objective
altogether?

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm

~