Re: Employment Agencies - Technical Communication Specific

Subject: Re: Employment Agencies - Technical Communication Specific
From: Layna Ayre Andersen <layna -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 18:10:33 -0400

From: John Posada <posada -at- faxsav -dot- com>
>[>>] Layna....a suggestion. Your opening line - Objective -
>
>I'd make it more definitive...punchier, more of an attention-getter. As an
example, see my resume at http://www.tdandw.com/resume.html

THANKS to John and others who've responded so far! This is exactly the kind
of advice I need. Remember, I'm basically entry level so I'm not competing
with you. ;-)
I think I'll be spending my evening fooling with my resume online and
sending it to many of the places suggested so far.

Another question: One of the experiences I list on my resume is a volunteer
job: I've been a DJ on a community radio station for about 15 years. I
include it because it's something I'm quite good at, and it shows that I
know how to communicate! Any comments?

Again, THANKS!!!

Layna