Help file/NT Problem

Subject: Help file/NT Problem
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 13:40:57 +0100

Hello everybody, back from the long Bank Holiday weekend to a problem I
hope you can help with.

I have a help file which is called from is a 16-bit application so I've
compiled it with V4 compiler and 16 bit DLLs selected - worked fine on my
machine when I tested before the weekend. Still fine on my PC (Win 95) but
getting a variety (well 2!) of errors on NT. The first (HDK3CT16.DLL)
missing is my fault and easily fixed (HDK is the HAT I'm using). The other
is more perplexing - the error message (when called from the application)
is that the file called isn't a recognised help file. However, when you
simply double click on the file from Explorer you get a message (using V3
compiler etc) and it opens fine! I've tried several different compile
options to get it to work on NT but to no avail - I even got a message once
that a newer version of the Help was needed to read the file!

I've tried a clean install on a Win 95 PC and it works fine.

Any/all suggestions welcome.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International