resources for development of CBI and other training

Subject: resources for development of CBI and other training
From: A Watkins <awatkins -at- POBOX -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 13:12:02 -0500

Chris, and others:

For up-to-date information, get involved with the American
Society for Training and Development. ASTD is the
professional association for training developers; in many
cities, it often co-sponsors events with STC. A visit to the
ASTD Website at http://www.astd.org will lead you to
networking opportunities with instructional designers and
developers, and to a library of tangible and virtual
resources. Computer-based instruction, including Web-based
training, are hot topics right now; you'll find quite a bit
to read, as well as several online discussions, about it.
You might get helpful (but more theoretical) information
from the International Society for Performance Improvement.
I find it difficult to summarize ISPI and their high-level
approach to behavior modification, so I'll just direct you
to http://www.ispi.org and let you wade through it for
yourselves!

Regards,

Alfred Watkins
Senior Technical Writer
Cooperative Computing, Inc.
(an Instructional Developer in a former life ...)