Re: Proofreading Everything Under the Sun--

Subject: Re: Proofreading Everything Under the Sun--
From: ecriva <ecriva -at- BIGPOND -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 11:23:36 +1000

If I am asked to do things like proofreading or whatever when I am already
busy I say that I'll need to reprioritize if this is something that they
really need me to do and what would they like me to let go in its place.
No-one ever wants me to let go of my work to do say proof reading so they
move onto someone else. As well though, when I am not that busy and someone
asks for say proof reading or whatever, and if I want to do it, I make it
clear that at the moment I have the time to do it and so am happy to help
out and I do it. I have found this kind of approach works really well for
me, sets limits and people respect it most of the time. If they don't I go
back to what do you want me to let go in its place etc. Bit like the broken
record technique.
Hope this helps.
Ecriva
ecriva -at- bigpond -dot- com