Re: Proposals & Success Ratios

Subject: Re: Proposals & Success Ratios
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 11:25:16 -0700

TJ,

I don't know about aerospace, but I believe that any success rate
over 50% is very good when you're dealing with proposals. I know
from personal experience that it was extremely difficult to maintain
a 55% success rate over a year. I've heard that most consulting
companies only win about 30 - 40% of the proposals they send out,
which makes proposal writing a very stressful and unpopular
activity at most companies.

>I'd be interested in knowing proposal success rates for various
>technical institutions, particularly aerospace. Is a 60% success rate to
>be applauded or contemned?

- Rowena

Rowena Hart
Technical Writer