Thanks! Re: Funky Courier downshift problem

Subject: Thanks! Re: Funky Courier downshift problem
From: Shawn Worth <Shawn_Worth -at- DRA-HQ -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 12:52:52 -0400

Many thanks to all those who assisted me with my MS Word problem. Your suggestions helped me find the instances where the New Century Schlbk font had not been changed. (They were well-hidden!) I'm not sure WHY this created the problem but I certainly appreciated the help in fixing it.

In case anyone else ever runs into something like this, here was the problem:
>I am working on a manual in MS Word 97. (Bad, I know.) Originally, the manual was written in an earlier >version of Word (probably Word 6). When I got it, I put it in the fonts which were standard at the time: New >Century Schlbk and (for Unix commands) Courier. I also translated the document to Word 97. Later, I changed >machines and switched from New Century Schlbk to Times New Roman. Apparently, this was a mistake. Suddenly >all the Courier items are printing downshifted from the Times New Roman text; by that I mean that the print as >if the center of the courier text is aligned with the bottom of the Times New Roman. (I checked text >alignment and even subscripting. Neither one is the culprit.) Does anyone know what might be causing this or >how it can be fixed. I appreciate any help that comes my way.

Thanks,
Shawn