Re: Windows 98

Subject: Re: Windows 98
From: Dan Xiong Ding <dxding -at- RS6000 -dot- CMP -dot- ILSTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 00:59:43 -0500

At 09:34 PM 5/17/98 -0500, Horace wrote:
>Can anyone summarize for me the advantages, if any, of going to Win98, from
>a technical writer's standpoint. For example, does Word work any better?
>FrameMaker? Corel Draw.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Horace
>Horace Smith
>Sr. Documentation Engineer
>Syntron, Inc.
>17200 Park Row
>Houston, TX 77084
>mailto:hsmith -at- wt -dot- net
>mailto:smith -at- syntron -dot- com

Horace and Other Folks:

Win98 is not the same as Word, nor is the same as FrameMaker. But you can
find more user freindly graphic cues in Wind98. I guess that is the major
advantage of Win98.
Dan Ding
Department of English
Illinois State University
Campus Box 4240
Normal, IL 61790-4240
dxding -at- rs6000 -dot- cmp -dot- ilstu -dot- edu
Tel: (309) 438-3726
"The passive voice is not passive at all."