Re: Interviews/Resumes - Outside Interests

Subject: Re: Interviews/Resumes - Outside Interests
From: Woolfbob <Woolfbob -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 06:46:15 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/98 13:53:06 CDT, Marilyn_Baldwin -at- CAPGROUP -dot- COM writes:

<< I agree absolutely with Bob Morrisette's response to Barbara Philbrick.
Outside Interests, Community Involvement, Organizational Memberships,
Hobbies, and Military Experience have NO PLACE on a resume. >>
What??!! Sorry, but Military Experience is a JOB. A very hard, very varied
and much to be admired JOB. I can go along with the questions on the other
items -- that would depend on the situation in which you are using the resume,
but without question MILITARY EXPERIENCE belongs on that resume just like any
other working position you have had. I have several versions of my resume and
use the one that seems to fit the situation most at the time, but my years in
the military are most definitely on ALL of them.

Why would you see military experience as anything other than another job to be
detailed and listed along with the rest?

Bob (Puzzled!) Woolf