Re: Author's Pride

Subject: Re: Author's Pride
From: "Teresa T. Ess" <t -dot- t -dot- ess -at- LARC -dot- NASA -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 12:04:06 -0400

Fabien writes a very accurate description of the editing process we use in
my department. We discuss all changes with the author BEFORE they are made
to the text. Our role is to assist the author and complete the document.
The author has final approval before the report goes to print.

At 11:49 AM 5/14/98 -0400, Fabien wrote:

>It is true that once the final draft of the document is handed over to the
>editor, the responsibility for the final stages of the document passes over
>to the editor (editing, completeness, respect of corporate policies,
>synchronization with graphics people, printing, blueprints, etc.). However,
>in no way does this mean that the original author is "out of the picture".
>On the contrary, I believe that editor and author must work together to
>produce the best document they can.
Teresa T. Ess
Supervisor, Technical Publications Support
NCI Information Systems
NASA Langley Research Center
t -dot- t -dot- ess -at- larc -dot- nasa -dot- gov
1-757-864-8331