ADMIN: Professionalism

Subject: ADMIN: Professionalism
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 07:35:22 -0600

At 08:58 AM 5/14/98 -0400, Debbie Stewart wrote:
>I think that if we are all calling our selves professionals,
>then we ought to be a little less reactive to these issues
>and more factual. Maybe we should mentor, network, and
>respect each other a little more and recognize the vast
>array of differences among us.
>If we are all, experienced and less experienced, sounding
>like the above observations, maybe we should all drop out
>and go smell the roses and chill out a little more. I would
>like to see a little less rhetoric and more factual discussions
>and let the emotion flow on the raquet ball court or on the
>hiking trails. This list is very informative but there is a lot
>of pecking going on. Get enough pecking going on and
>some big sores are going to develop. Let us all try to
>respect our differences and honor our profession.

I'd just like to add to these very apt comments that
I've seen the tone and level of professionalism on this
forum take a dive over the past couple of months.

I don't think it would hurt anyone to simply be polite
and civil, both with online and offline responses.

I've been appalled that the vast majority of responses to
my "please get on topic" or "please don't attack anyone
personally" messages have done nothing more than
defended rudeness and off-topic postings as inalienable
rights, excusable in the "heat of the exchange". They aren't.

It's time for the rudeness and personal issues to stop
and for the discussions on this list to return to a civil
and professional tone.

Eric

* Eric J. Ray, ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com, http://www.raycomm.com/
* _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, and others.
* RayComm, Inc., currently accepting contract inquiries.